79 Avanti for sale...

silverstude

• 3 weeks later...

This is a 73 RQB1984. I have purchased this car and it will be relocated to Des Moines Iowa this weekend. The car is complete but is very sad state of repair. Has been sitting in bad conditions with stuck motor for a while. It will be restored and updated.

Welcome and good for you. My 74 was in bad shape when I bought it. Hopefully the underside of your's is still solid.

Ask us if there's any thing you need help with and post a shot or two if you will.

There are parts available from several suppliers for the car and because of the Chevy/Dana drivetrain parts for them are very available and fairly inexpensive.

Here's the post from Bob Johnstone's site http://www.studebaker-info.org/AVDB2/avantirqb/73qb1984/73qb1984x23102015.html

Bob

Edited by Avanti83

Thank you for the welcome. This is a bucket list car for me for a long time. I wanted an early car and with no moon roof. This is a real project car but was in Midwest so I went for it. I have received the build sheet for it but will not put back orig. I own a restoration and street rod shop doing complete builds and repairs so this not new to me. I have done a few frame off Studebakers in the past so I think I know enough to be dangerous. I have not seen the car in person but sent a close car buddy to look it over and make the deal for me. I think the frame is fair and one hog trough is supposed to be ok. I am planning on it all being bad so when I see it this weekend for pick-up maybe I will not be disappointed