Trailer hitch/receiver for 81 avanti

wildfelr

RQB 3263 81 Avanti II...I am thinking about a trailer hitch/receiver for rqb3263...I am sure its been done by someone so whats the best way to approach this for a 500# max small tagalong (Pepsi cooler size)...for all practical purpose I (we) have no trunk space and it would be useful on road trips...Ideas please ....BILL

I have a NOS trailer hitch for an Avanti that I never used. Avanti Motors had them made up and sold them as an option. I believe they were made by Valley or Draw-Tite. It's chrome plated and a Class 1.

Let me know if you're interested.

Im intrested...call me ...386-466-6434 in florida....sounds like it would save a lot of fabrication work ...BILL

Bill

I'm hesitant to do this as Bruce posted first but I think I owe you one from last year. I have a used hitch from my 74 with the helper springs to go with it. They'll cost you lunch when I'm down in February if you can wait that long. If you want the NOS from Bruce, Not a problem.

They're not perfect but I think they should clean up better than they look here.

It is the hitch installed by N&A on the 74 when new, The OP pulled a boat with it.

DSCN0107_zpswl8jr4c3.jpg

DSCN0108_zpsm0ncllod.jpg

Bob

Edited by Avanti83

wow rqb3263...Sure ill take em !! Lunch my ass we will do ribs at the Roadhouse...just remind me....hehehe...looks like a little sand blast, prime and paint will do it...thanks Bob ...please keep in touch ....BILL

RQB3263...Somehow my pic files are toooo big to upload, except for that one,...It looks like i need to put this brilliant idea on hold for a year or two ...Keep in touch and ill see ya in Feb.and thanks for trying !!BILL

RQB3263...OOOO MAY not work...looks like it attaches to bumper...I got no bumper (s)....but were still on for february !! THANKS ...BILL

It does attach to the bumper. There may be no way around that without some good fabrication skills.

Good catch, Bill. I'll bring it down if you want to modify it as well as the helper springs. In a day or so, I'll see what it looks like under mine. IAC, Roadhouse it is, we'll see who buys as my brother will be along also I suspect.

Bob

Rqb3263 ...i HAVE (had) the skills but out grew the initiative and sold off my main fab tools....thank goodness now i can take another nap ....BILL

RQB3263 No need to haul it to fl since there is no real chance of it working...its better under your work bench than disappearing into my black hole never to be seen again...adios for now ...BILL