1976 Engine Bay

Penn Avanti

Hi Members,

If any of you have an Avanti II with the 400 engine I need a full set of pictures of the engine compartment.

I am restoring a 1976 Avanti II which had all the engine compartment wires disconnected and not labeled so I need to see where what is connected to what. Please help if you are able.

Roger

Thank you "My Avanti"

I do have these diagrams since we had the documents from the days when we sold the cars. Problem is that I can't remember where some of the components were located and which of the wires connect to what. Color codes varied somewhat. For example, Two connectors come out of the main harness at the location of the wiper motor. One of them connects to the motor but the other one does not match up with the distributor connector since they are both female. Then another connector comes off where the washer bottle was on the left of the firewall along the shelf and it extends to the middle of the brake booster and it has a number of connections, including a large white wire which is B+ so I know it connects to something other than the washer. There must have been an intermediate harness that connects to that. Then there is another small harness that comes off near the wiper motor and the wires are a couple of feet long with a single connector and a couple of wire ends. Perhaps that is for the washer module.

I very much appreciate your suggestions and your diagrams. Now I probably need to look at an unmolested car and take some pix if nobody has them. When I finish the project I will post pictures since this is bound to come up in the future.