Windshield for 4 Door 1990

jawlane

Is the 1990 Avanti 4 door windshield the same as the earlier windshields with the black banding ? Does the original type have to be cut to fit . Where can I find a Windshield if 1990 4 door id diffferent .

Any help appreciated . S.Lane Florida 5618095339

I'm almost certain the '90 has the 'gunsight' raised hood on the driver's side which means the windshield would come with the cut-out. All things considered (mostly cost of manufacture) it's probably the same. My local windshield repair place refused to do the job because they said they only replace windshields they can get. I told them I could get one, but they still refused! One thought is that they just don't know how to do the 'old fashion' install (ie. '50's & '60's). Anyway, because of the lack of trim pieces for your A-pillar, etc. (lucky you) I'm gonna have to say your windshield is installed just like most modern cars (easy). If you have trouble finding one I can look-up where I got mine a few years back (I have an '88).

Bill D

ps. The 1990 windshield probably has dark banding all around to cover-up the adhesive process so THAT would be different!