crager rims

Greg Howarth

You have a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, but if you're talking about the original Cragar SS wheels, they are a uni-lug design made to fit up to a 5x5 bolt pattern as I recall.

Which wheels do you have now?

Back in the 1970's I sold auto parts and accessories...including a lot of the Cragar S/S, which I am assuming the wheel you're talking about. Quality control on them wasn't the greatest back then and it wasn't uncommon to see the chrome start peeling and find rust where the aluminum center and steel rim met. I would hope their current product has improved.

They do come in multi lug designs to reduce part numbers. They make them in pre-drilled bolt circles and maybe still do. A little research should show whether they do.

When I bought some about 12 years ago for my Mustang, the 14 and 15" were unilug only, just like the originals. The larger sizes they had to design from scratch, so those were available in pre drilled common bolt circles. Hard to say what they have today.

They were a bit of a pain to deal with, getting the washers in there right and hoping you had it centered correctly. Still brings back memories or my younger days when it was THE wheel to have.