Door window adjustment

elkyman70

Tops of the door windows on my '81 are not making contact with the door seals. I believe the door could use a pinch of adjustment but not enough to close the gap at the top of the window. On the '68 Mustang we have the window angle can be adjusted by a nut and threaded rod behind the door panel. Does the Avanti doors use a similar adjustment mechanism? I've looked for a sort of "do all" book on the Avanti but only see ones that seem to pertain to the Studebaker years. Any help on where to fix a manual for the '81 would also be of great help.

Thanks in advance. :)

First off, Welcome to the forum!

The Studebaker Avanti Shop Manual is the only manual available for our cars, but does a good job of explaining how to adjust the windows since they are the same.

Hopefully Brad will see this, as he can do a much better job of explaining it all.

Also want to welcome you to this forum!...And yes, '63-'89 Avanti doors do have that 'Mustang Style' vent window adjuster. Like Warren55, I recommend you obtain a copy of the Stude Avanti factory shop manual for body related issues.