Upcoming auction with '63 Avanti

lschuc

The Gibson Auction Company will be holding an auction next month, Dec. 4-5, at the Don “Hoss” Waugh Memory Lane Motorcycle Museum Auction in Orange, Virginia.

The entire contents of the museum will be sold in both a Live and Internet public auction. Included are many motorcycles and cars, including this 1963 Avanti. See more in this link http://gibsonauction.com/waughmuseum/

Waugh-Avanti-Auction.jpg

post-2-0-70030400-1447261131_thumb.jpg

This is the Studebaker Avanti we debating the exterior color of over on the SDC Forum.

To me, it looks very similar to my own '63 Avanti, which is painted the Dupont lacquer of 'Avanti Turquoise'.

But, I realize this car may look very different 'in person'!!

• 4 weeks later...

Friends & I previewed the auction on Thursday & looked at the Avanti in detail. It did appear to be a solid #3 car, which did run fairly well. The hog toughs were undercoated which did concern me BUT the doors were not sagging at all. The car was bid up to $18K or $18.5K so far an R1 ,auto with A/C it was a pretty good value. A 10% bidders fee was also added to that figure & if it was a phone bid there was a 13% fee. Soooooo what do ya'll think??