R3 'Bob'!

mfg

Answer,....Bob 'Buck' Rogers worked for the Granatelli's at Studebaker's Paxton Products Division. He not only assembled many of the R3 (and the few R4) engines that were supposed to be installed in new Studebakers, (most of these were sold off individually)...But he also gave an important hand in preparing the Bonneville record setting '64 Studebaker engines. He also helped in the assembly and bench testing of the Novi Indy V8's.

This question may win the prize for Most Trivial Trivia. Glad to know I'm not the only one with too much time on my hands.

Dennis

No way!!...I can come up with much more trivial trivia than this trivial trivia is!!

Like the name of the swing shift gate guard in September 1954?

Dennis

Well, in all honesty Dennis, the job that 'Buck' had at Paxton products, assembling many of the R3 and R4 engines (that are now considered almost 'sacred' to us), and being a part of the Granatelli Novi effort at the Indianapolis 500,...may seem trivial to you....but others on this forum may feel that it was an admirable accomplisment....All in one's point of view I guess!

If any of you AVANTI FORUM fans have a chance to buy, borrow, beg, or steal the book: NOVI..Volume Two; The Granatelli years. (1961-1966).....DO IT!!....Fascinating reading....275 pages worth! Besides a story about 'R3 Bob', and of course the Granatelli Novi V8 Indianapolis 500 effort, there are many behind the scenes stories about Studebaker, STP, and of course AVANTIS!...This 9x11" softcover book is WELL worth the search!!

Well, in all honesty Dennis, the job that 'Buck' had at Paxton products, assembling many of the R3 and R4 engines (that are now considered almost 'sacred' to us), and being a part of the Granatelli Novi effort at the Indianapolis 500,...may seem trivial to you....but others on this forum may feel that it was an admirable accomplisment....All in one's point of view I guess!

Well, in all honesty right back at you, you're the one who categorized Buck's contribution as trivia, not me. So, please don't play the "Holier than thou" card with me. You seem to be willing to have fun with trivia only when it suits your purpose. Lighten up, life's too short to get your knickers in a knot over something so trivial.

Now, how about some more trivia?

Dennis

Well, in all honesty right back at you, you're the one who categorized Buck's contribution as trivia, not me. So, please don't play the "Holier than thou" card with me. You seem to be willing to have fun with trivia only when it suits your purpose. Lighten up, life's too short to get your knickers in a knot over something so trivial.

Now, how about some more trivia?

Dennis

But Denny,...You still haven't given us the gate guards name.(In all honesty!!)

But Denny,...You still haven't given us the gate guards name.(In all honesty!!)

Now, MFGy, that's the spirit. You've lightened up. No idea about that long gone gate guard. But, here's one for you, or anyone else.....

Raymond Loewy's grandson recently graduated from college. Name the school and his area of study.

Denny

Now, MFGy, that's the spirit. You've lightened up. No idea about that long gone gate guard. But, here's one for you, or anyone else.....

Raymond Loewy's grandson recently graduated from college. Name the school and his area of study.

Denny

Good to see someone else with a trivia question....And this is a pretty good one....But I would suggest that it be posted as a new question on AVANTI TRIVIA....For one thing, I think more folks would see and read it if that were done.....And I'd like to see more folks post AVANTI TRIVIA questions.....I know you guys have them!.........Thanks, mfg

Good to see someone else with a trivia question....And this is a pretty good one....But I would suggest that it be posted as a new question on AVANTI TRIVIA....For one thing, I think more folks would see and read it if that were done.....And I'd like to see more folks post AVANTI TRIVIA questions.....I know you guys have them!.........Thanks, mfg

Gotta disagree with you on that, MFGy. This particular thread has had more views than any other of the posted trivia questions, so I have no doubt it will get the attention it deserves. However, will it get answered correctly? A clue tomorrow if no one ventures a guess.

Denny

Edited by psdenno

Earlier, I presented the following trivia question.....

Now for a couple clues.

Clue #1: Same California university his mother attended.

Clue #2: His grandfather, Raymond, would heartily approve the career choice.

Dennis