Avanti gas cap.

Palantirion

Could one of you kind gents please post a pic of your original Avanti gas cap? I think mine might have been switched out by a mechanic some time ago, but I don't know because I can't find a single reliable picture on Google of an original Avanti gas cap. I certainly haven't seen any pics on the common Avanti online parts stores either.

Thanks for posting. That does look pretty much like mine. But for some reason my gas lid won't close now (bumps the cap flange), and I didn't have that problem before the car lived at this mechanic's. That's why I thought it may have been switched, but they do look the same at a glance. Except mine is dirtier!

Does your fuel filler lid close ll the way?

Be sure the filler neck is "clocked" the proper way, or the ears on the cap will hit the gas door. someone may have replaced the filler neck hose, and installed the filler neck in the wrong position.

• 3 weeks later...

Be sure the filler neck is "clocked" the proper way, or the ears on the cap will hit the gas door. someone may have replaced the filler neck hose, and installed the filler neck in the wrong position.

-I don't suppose you could post a pic of yours as reference?

-I don't suppose you could post a pic of yours as reference?