I guess you get what you pay for!

mfg

Shame on me!.....And a word to the wise!.........Last year I replaced the 'Camaro type' front brake rotors on my '85 Avanti with 'Made In China' cheapies. I figured a new brake rotor is a new rotor.....right?...Wrong!

Although the car has always stopped well, with no 'shimmy' etc., a couple weeks ago an unusual 'rumble' from the right front wheel became apparent. I jacked the car up and found quite a bit of 'play' in that right front wheel, so I tightened the axle nut one flat.

All was well for a couple days, then the noise came back.

So, I bit the bullet and dis-assembled everything this weekend, and found the inside wheel bearing cone SPINNING in the rotor....not only spinning, but with quite a bit of side to side play......JUNK!

In the future, I'll always purchase the highest quality brake parts I can afford....'A wiser mfg'

It's not always simple to find "Made in the USA" parts today...so much has been shipped offshore for manufacture now. Not everything made offshore is lesser quality...but anything from China is open to question as far as quality control. Even standard stuff like many NAPA parts are made offshore and is not always apparent when you buy it.