63 Avanti R1 for sale

bjidzik

I'm selling my 1963 Studebaker Avanti serial 63R 3378, body # 63RQ 2536, engine R-2397, A/C, AT, PW, & PS . I've really enjoyed this car, but lack time to keep it up or to find good maintenance in Juneau AK. Frame is completely rust free. Interior has been redone, and original guages and steering wheel have been boxed up for restoration. I've added a Pertronix ignition and replaced all the brake lines with stainless steel.

The wiring harness was replaced last year, but the tach, radio, windshield wipers & power windows are not working. The gas gage reads about 1/8 too high, but otherwise, car runs very well. Electric & body shops in town have been too busy to work on the wiring.

Car has about 90k original miles.

Pictures are available at http://idzgw2.homeunix.org/gallery/The-Avanti

Will accept any reasonable offer.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm selling my 1963 Studebaker Avanti serial 63R 3378, body # 63RQ 2536, engine R-2397, A/C, AT, PW, & PS . I've really enjoyed this car, but lack time to keep it up or to find good maintenance in Juneau AK. Frame is completely rust free. Interior has been redone, and original guages and steering wheel have been boxed up for restoration. I've added a Pertronix ignition and replaced all the brake lines with stainless steel.

The wiring harness was replaced last year, but the tach, radio, windshield wipers & power windows are not working. The gas gage reads about 1/8 too high, but otherwise, car runs very well. Electric & body shops in town have been too busy to work on the wiring.

Hi! I've enjoyed Avantis since introduction in '63! Yours is very nice! Now, a recently-joined AOAI member. To the best of your knowledge, has the car ever had any body damage? How long have you owned it? How difficult do you believe it would be to repair; tach, radio, windshield wipers & power windows? Do you believe the car to be road-worthy as is? Thanks, Bill

• 1 month later...
Hi! I've enjoyed Avantis since introduction in '63! Yours is very nice! Now, a recently-joined AOAI member. To the best of your knowledge, has the car ever had any body damage? How long have you owned it? How difficult do you believe it would be to repair; tach, radio, windshield wipers & power windows? Do you believe the car to be road-worthy as is? Thanks, Bill

Bill;

The car had about 89k original miles. I saw no evidence of collision damage, nor rust. The hog troughs are solid, the frame and cross members are rust free as well. I bought the car in St Louis from Hyman Ltd in Mar 2000. I've put about 600 miles on the car since taking ownership.

A good electric shop should be able to fix the electric problems within a week. I did install a new wiper motor. It just needs to be wired up. The car is very road worthy. I had a local shop redo the interior upolstery, but the carpeting and kick panels were poorly installed. All the cables for heat & air vents work nicely as does the trunk cable.

The main reason I'm selling the car is because Juneau lacks facilities for major engine, body, or electrical work, and the garage space I rent has become too crowded to do any work on the vehicle.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Is the car still for sale? If so what would you consider a reasonable offer?

Best Regards

Mike Daly

The car is still for sale. It runs very well but needs electric work. I have all the original guages & steering wheel boxed up as I was hoping to have them restored. There is no rust anywhere on the vehicles. As such, I'm asking $14,000 for the vehicle, but will consider any serious offer.

Archived