Paxton Supercharger!

mfg

The 'improved drive element set' McCulloch/Paxton offered to customers in the sixties was basically the standard American supercharger internal ball drive element, but made in Sweden of better quality steel, and with the five drive balls matched to a much closer tolerance....True?

I was thinking that the supercharger drive balls were made in Switzerland, so I will say FALSE. (I should know better than to disagree with studegary on Studebaker details, but let's roll the dice :) )

I was thinking that the supercharger drive balls were made in Switzerland, so I will say FALSE. (I should know better than to disagree with studegary on Studebaker details, but let's roll the dice :) )

The answer you gave, FALSE, is CORRECT!....BUT.....not for the reason you stated.

Anyone else have any ideas about this?

I remember seeing that the "balls" came in packages of 4 when 5 were required. That made the change to 5 matched balls be shipped for Paxton manufacture.

That's interesting!...I never heard that.

Now I'll give give the true answer.........The answer to this question would have been correct IF, in the opening statement, the word 'SWEDEN' was replaced with 'GERMANY'!

I knew that the replacements were made in Europe. I guess that my paternal heritage from Sweden made the Swedish answer seem correct. As usual, I did not look it up. It has been awhile since I remember reading about this or having any in my hand.

That's interesting!...I never heard that.

Now I'll give give the true answer.........The answer to this question would have been correct IF, in the opening statement, the word 'SWEDEN' was replaced with 'GERMANY'!

I'll have to check but I seem to remember reading that item in Andy's book "They Call Me Mr. 500"