63 Avanti with A/c

Guest Larry Delazzer

Guest Larry Delazzer

Me again, where do they hide the circuit breaker/fuse for the a/c compressor on a 1963 Avanti.

Can find nothing in the owners manual nor the workshop manual, thanks.

Larry

Guest Larry Delazzer

Thanks Brad. Another question, is there supposed to be a relay between the switch and the compressor. Sure wish I

could find an electrical diagram for the A/C system for the 63 Avanti it would help immensely.

No relay, the power wire goes to the variable resistor/fan speed switch. there are several terminals. One is power to the switch, the other is just a off/on switch to the temperature switch [from that it goes to the compressor clutch] the third terminal is the variable part to the evaporator motor.

Edited by brad

Guest Larry Delazzer

No relay, the power wore goes to the variable resistor/fan speed switch. there are several terminals. One is power to the switch, the other is just a off/on switch to the temperature switch [from that it goes to the compressor clutch] the third terminal is the variable part to the evaporator motor

Thanks Brad, a great help, I want this baby blowing cold by International meet time in St. Louis this August.

Larry