Avanti R2!

mfg

One has to be the belt system - v belts instead of a cogged (gilmer) belt. I would guess that another may be the gigantic pulley setup that sticks way out on the front of the crankshaft. Third may be either no cold air intake or the inability to have factory a/c on the Avanti R2.

Internal supercharger lubrication, supercharger belts, the room the supercharger takes up, not leaving room for ac compressor.

I really should have specified 'mechanical weaknesses'....Anyway, plwindish "internal supercharger lubrication" (short drive element life) is one!

How about the other two?

PS..... r1lark,.....I don't think the twin v-belts really ever cause a problem. (IMHO)

The output hose. The magnesium impeller is brittle.

It's a pain to change the oil. It runs hot.

If it is a "pain" to change the oil, you must not be doing it the way that I do it. Search the SDC Forum for my method (too much to type her - takes as long for me to type it than to do the oil change).

Running a vacuum hose to the intake and flooding the enviroment with clouds of smoke from sucking out the oil is not my general idea of being a good neighbor. One could suck it out with a siphon syringe, but that doesn't get the stuff from the bottom of the sump.

My (opinion) of the other two inherent weaknessess are.....Pressurizing a (hopefully) sealed carburetor, and water pumps worn out before their time from the extra load!