Power Window Failure

ken1007

The right side rear window on the 89 convertible would not go up; came to a screeching stop about 1 inch from its bottom position. It sounds as if it is binding at some point, driver side works fine. Took rear side upholstery panel off but cold not see any broken or binding part. Plan on removing seat belt support which will expose more of the "track" and a wire that starts to pull upward but stops like something is binding. Is this motor failure? does anyone have a parts diagram and who might have the parts? I have window wiring diagram in an 89 owners manual but nothing about mechanical parts. Is it Chev Caprice? Would like to fix it before it is put away for winter. Ken Deltaville Va

ADDED SUNDAY: Got to the motor; it's BOSCH 12V 130 821 097. Would like to find shop that can repair/replace to include mounting on window. It is believed to be same unit used on Chrysler Windsow, if that make any difference Ken, Deltaville, Va

Edited by ken1007

• 1 month later...

not sure if you got a reply but

I sent mine to a company called Window Motor World inc 1-800-252-2649 windowmotorworld.net

I had my mechanic take my whole window regulator out and I shipped it to them. I got my window regulator back with a new motor, thicker cables, new pulleys, cleaned it all up and guarantee it for 1 year. They turned it around in a few days. Save your time and energy in trying to find out what Avanti Motors used and have these guys do it. You will get back a complete widow regulator just like new.
Edited by avantidavid

• 4 years later...

I've heard that many times.  However, I cannot find any pictures on the internet of any Chrysler units that even come close to resembling what is in my car.

Edited by Jim S

1 hour ago, Jim S said:

I've heard that many times.  However, I cannot find any pictures on the internet of any Chrysler units that even come close to resembling what is in my car.

Keep in mind that the body on an '89 convertible is different from the body on a '91 convertible. 

8 hours ago, studegary said:

Keep in mind that the body on an '89 convertible is different from the body on a '91 convertible. 

Great point, I didn't think of that but they are different