Photo

Avanti II parts supplement discovered...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 1,360 posts
  • Interests:fine cars, fine firearms, fine ladies, fine cigars

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

I recently purchased a 1970 Avanti Motors Parts and Accessories price list to go along with my '70 Avanti, and when I looked through it, out fell an eight page Avanti II Parts Supplement as an addition to the Studebaker Avanti Parts Catalog.

It lists Avanti Motors part numbers for post-Studebaker Avanti parts, the vendor each was sourced from, and the vendor's part number for each. It's a 1970 listing, so it may not be much help to those who own later Avanti II's, but it should still be a help to all to some degree.

I've scanned the list as a .pdf file and anyone who wants a copy, just send me an e-mail and I'll e-mail it back as an attachment.

#2 GARY

GARY

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE AVANTI'S!!!
  • My Avanti:1987 12aav123h000004

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

I recently purchased a 1970 Avanti Motors Parts and Accessories price list to go along with my '70 Avanti, and when I looked through it, out fell an eight page Avanti II Parts Supplement as an addition to the Studebaker Avanti Parts Catalog.

It lists Avanti Motors part numbers for post-Studebaker Avanti parts, the vendor each was sourced from, and the vendor's part number for each. It's a 1970 listing, so it may not be much help to those who own later Avanti II's, but it should still be a help to all to some degree.

I've scanned the list as a .pdf file and anyone who wants a copy, just send me an e-mail and I'll e-mail it back as an attachment.

GARY, I HAVE A 1970 AVANTI AND WOULD LIKE TO GET A COPY IF I MAY.
EMAIL theavantiman@yahoo.com

#3 bobav78

bobav78

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Avantis, Studebakers, Packards<br /><br />Especially interested in the histories of the companies as well as the cars themselves.
  • My Avanti:1978 RQB2679

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

#4 bobav78

bobav78

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Avantis, Studebakers, Packards<br /><br />Especially interested in the histories of the companies as well as the cars themselves.
  • My Avanti:1978 RQB2679

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Gary,
Although my car is a '78, more info is probably better than less. Please send me a list. My email is rebert@bw.edu.
Thanks,
Bob

#5 GAWen

GAWen

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:My family, old cars and computers
  • My Avanti:1971 RQB 1600

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Many thanks for the info. This is why we Avanti owners have a place such as this.

#6 paulie@nauticom.net

paulie@nauticom.net

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 47 posts
  • My Avanti:1970 RQA 0411

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

#7 paulie@nauticom.net

paulie@nauticom.net

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 47 posts
  • My Avanti:1970 RQA 0411

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:28 AM

Dear Gunslinger,

Yes, I'd like to receive a copy of your PDF. file of the parts list of my '70 Avanti II. My email address is : paulie@consolidated.net .

Thanks a lot.

Paul D. Eikenbary

#8 theGman

theGman

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

One more?
Thanks!

RQB3204@yahoo.com

#9 MikeValent

MikeValent

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:83 Avanti, 89 Bayliner 26' Ciera with a GMPP HT383, learning ice skating, plus other pursuits that are equally absurd for a man of my age.
  • My Avanti:1983 12AAV1232D1003771

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

And one more if you would; thanks

MikeValent@bellsouth.net

#10 Mel

Mel

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 22 posts
  • My Avanti:1966 RQA-0108

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

Could you please email me the list? Thank you.
melfratzke@embarqmail.com

#11 BobS

BobS

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 42 posts
  • My Avanti:none

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

Gary

First time I've seen the post, while mine is an 83 I like a copy if you would send it. Midlandchemist@yahoo.com

Thanks, Bob

#12 okc63avanti

okc63avanti

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 143 posts
  • My Avanti:63 R1 Avanti R2386

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

If you are OK with sharing this parts list with the entire Avanti and Studebaker world, why not send a copy to Bob Johnstone, his webpage is just about the greatest source of technical data and parts cross reference source available.

His webpage is http://www.studebaker-info.org/

If you don't have his email or can't find on his webpage somewhere, let me know and with your permission if you send it to me I will forward to Bob.

#13 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 1,360 posts
  • Interests:fine cars, fine firearms, fine ladies, fine cigars

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

They are listed on Bob's site and have been since I forwarded him the information to him earlier this year. Bob Johnstone's web site

#14 okc63avanti

okc63avanti

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 143 posts
  • My Avanti:63 R1 Avanti R2386

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

They are listed on Bob's site and have been since I forwarded him the information to him earlier this year. Bob Johnstone's web site

Thanks for sending it to Bob .... his webpage is a great source of data for us Studebaker and Avanti guys. Bob is to be commended for his service to our clubs. :lol:

#15 Ryunker

Ryunker

AOAI Forum Member

• AOAI Forum Members
  • 27 posts
  • My Avanti:1966 RQA 123

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

I sure would like to look thru it.

Ryunker1@earthlink.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users