63 Gold Avanti w/tangerine interior

davidh

More than a year ago I described my interest in a 63 R2,4speed gold w/tangerine interior. I just wanted to catch up with the gentleman who responded that he had one but was not interested in selling. At the moment I am not quite ready to buy but I would like to renew our acquaintance and stay in touch.

David

Edited by davidh

I was unaware that a gold exterior avanti could be had with the tangerine interior. I thought the only factory combination for the tangerine interior was the avanti white exterior. I wonder if this car was re-painted at some point. Maybe one of our resident experts can chime in. If the gold and tangerine is a valid combination I would think this car is fairly rare if all original.

I was fifteen when some guy in the neighborhood ordered his gold Avanti optioned as stated. That car has been on my mind ever since. I called him after the national Studebaker meet in Lancaster a few years ago. He told me his sister, who happened to be at an ad agency in NYC in 1963, suggested he take a look at the new sports car Studebaker was introducing. The rest is history as they say.

Edited by davidh

• 2 months later...

More than a year ago I described my interest in a 63 R2,4speed gold w/tangerine interior. I just wanted to catch up with the gentleman who responded that he had one but was not interested in selling. At the moment I am not quite ready to buy but I would like to renew our acquaintance and stay in touch.

David

I have a 63 Gold with Tangerine interior. Just had the seats redone , only one co. in us had he correct color. Also I believe Stan Guntry has one, not sure of spelling, he wrote the book 'what the shop manual doesn't tell you'. I have seen postcards with the tangerine interior, one white one tourquis. Roland

I love the white and orange scheme (like the dealer postcard)...and the gold/orange sounds interesting...

but...Turquoise and orange? .

Really?

Anyone have photos of such a beast?