Avanti Trap Door

mfg

My 83 has one but I think the anniversary models did not. True, none there.

Actually, the answer to this question would be FALSE...elimination of the access door happened post 20th Anniversary cars!

The bigger question to me is, why?

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder how one is supposed to get into the trunk should the release cable break or the power release fails with the access panel eliminated. Advertising for the convenience of trunk access aside, the real reason for the panel was to provide a way of opening the trunk should the release not work.

Did Avanti Motors provide a backup way to release the trunk after the access panel was done away with? That might be a trivia question to ask.

I wonder how one is supposed to get into the trunk should the release cable break or the power release fails with the access panel eliminated. Advertising for the convenience of trunk access aside, the real reason for the panel was to provide a way of opening the trunk should the release not work.

Did Avanti Motors provide a backup way to release the trunk after the access panel was done away with? That might be a trivia question to ask.

I know of one beautiful '89 Avanti coupe that has a second (backup) trunk release under the rear bumper.