steering wheel

thevut

put one in my '64, same difference. had it made by IDIDIT to duplicate the attachment points and size of my standard column, but to accept the stock wheel. they had to specially change the spline section where the wheel attaches. not cheap, but a great job. other option is to find an early ll to pirate, probably not cheap either and you have a nearly 50 year old column.

Avanti IIs used an AMC tilt column which was actually a GM part. it is wider than the Studebaker column. Its not a hard swap but you will have to either make the steering column cutout larger on the dash gauge panel or replace the panel with one from an Avanti II.

• 3 weeks later...

The tilt wheel used in the Studebaker Avanti is a Delco part that was used in certian Chevys of the same era. They are very rare and hard to find. We cover this with photos and a part number in the soon to be available Authenticy Manual. I don't have the time right now to start sending out photos from the manual. Job #1 right now is to get the book done. Al Basile

• 3 weeks later...