FOR SALE: 1963 R-1 (R4099 with AC)

TMA62

As a Chapter President, I will get occasionally get contacted by people selling their cars. Yesterday, I recieved correspondance from an estate seller in Georgia. They are selling a nice R-1 formerly owned by Harry Ellis who passed in 2005. The car has been in storage since. The seller relates that it did win car show awards but I don't know if they were AOAI, SDC or a local car meet. Still, the photos show a nice looking car, inside and out. It could very well be a show car when cleaned up. Here are the particulars. It is R-4099, automatic with air. White on the outside, turquise interior. Mileage: 64,523. The car is located in Fayettville, Georgia, just south of Atlanta.

They are tentatively asking $26,900 but realize that may be optimistic given that the car has not moved since 2005 and the current mechanical condition (does if have any outstanding repairs). They are open to reasonable offers.

The person to contact is Claudine. Her email is: southpawestateliquidators@gmail.com

Tell her that I, Ted Andrews, sent you. I have a few more pics to share if interested.

PS: One of our members and board members, Frank Petru, lives in Atlanta. He is planning on seeing the car in person soon. He can report further regarding its condition (i.e.: hogtroughs, overall mechanics, etc.)

It is probably a nice car, but I think that they are very optimistic on their pricing considering the Avanti has been sitting for 11 years and most likely needs work on brakes, cooling, fuel, battery and perhaps even the engine/transmission. I believe that the price is high for a 1963 R1 even if these things were repaired.

Archived