Donating my Bonneville Avanti

Avanti kid

Hi everyone, my latest status is I have contacted the Studebaker National Foundation and indicated to them that I want to donate my racing Avanti to their organization, they are excited to receive it, The plan is to give them the Pink Slip for ownership, then they will loan it to the Studebaker National Museum and to other museum across the USA. I have contacted a company that can appraise the value of my car for a IRS deduction, they will be here to see the car in 2 week. Also, my co-driver Mike Benbenick and I are taking my Avanti to the Studebaker International car show on May 3 thru 6th, then hopefully have the SNF put the car in the SNM for display. I feel this will be a fitting place for my car that I bought new in 1963 for the public to see and the SNF has a policy to never sell my car. So Mike and I are looking forward to the car show and hope to see some of our friends there and meet new ones, It really has been a very special ride for 23 years of racing, take care and enjoy 2017, Dave

2010 World of Speed Avanti-04.jpg

Congratulations and a big thank you!  It is great to see the car will be preserved and not modified from how it achieved its fame.

Kudos to you and your team for all you and they have accomplished for both Studebaket and the Avanti names.

What an incredible posture of generosity and gift to so many of us and future guests. Thank you, thank you very much

Mark

Thank you everyone for your remarks, my car as you mentioned will be in the exact condition of when I raced it last in November at El Mirage Dry Lake, I do hope the museum will  allow the public to sit in the car to really enjoy the concept of racing it at Bonneville, also, with the hood & trunk open you can see all the signatures of so many people who made my racing successful and fun, also notice the mechanical fuel injection system made my Airflow Performance, this system is by far the best mechanical fuel injection made for racing, it's used on airplanes that race at Reno, and off shore race boats and three of us use this $5000 system at Bonneville. The engine is special too to make it strong enough for over 800 hp with the single large turbo, 

2010 engine dyno test11.jpg

Edited by Avanti kid
Shows when we did the engine dyno with single turbo

Dave.  As a board member of the Studebaker National Foundation I appreciate your choice to place your Avanti in our possession .We will take good care of it.  Hopefully it will be accepted by the Studebaker National Museum.

Thank You

Denny Lockmon

Hi Denny, I plan on contacting the Studebaker National Museum soon so they know what I planning on doing with my Avanti, I hope they can work with the Studebaker National Foundation for my cars placement, also, my co-driver and I plan on attending the Intentional car show so the public can see it and even hear it run in racing form,  so I would appreciate any suggestions on this process, I have a appraiser coming over to my home in two weeks to place a value on it for IRS deduction. I'm excited to find a good home for the car that I love so much and had such wonderful experiences over the 53 years I have owned it, I'm looking forward to meeting people at the May 3 thru 6th event, thanks Dave

Dave record Certificate.jpg