Trunk Light Switch?

67AvantiTom

Hello all,   I just about have all of my electrical, lighting and signal issues worked out on the Avanti. One last nagging one is the rear trunk light.

I understand there is a mercury switch that turns the trunk light on when the trunk is opened.  Can anyone tell me where that switch is located? I can't find it in my car and the diagrams I've found are hard to make out.  I think someone removed it at some point.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

The mercury switch is supposed to be located on the driver side trunk lid hinge.  An original one would be attached with a clip.  On my car it's been replaced with a mercury switch that attached with two nylon cable ties...it works just as well.

That's what I did...I replaced the pathetic little trunk light the factory installed with two high intensity LED light strips.  They transform the trunk into a well-lit area.  I also added a rocker switch in the trunk where I can turn them on and off as I need...like at a car show there's no need for the trunk lights to stay on for hours, even if they do use far less power than a standard light bulb.