Main/dash Harness Question

mtgibby

Getting started on the main harness installation. Looks like a rats nest right now.

A couple of questions:

Where does the windshield washer switch circuit hook into the main harness? At the back of the wiper switch? I can't find the foot switch circuitry on any of my diagrams.

Second, is it recommended to use a tiny amount of copper based anti-seize on the male/female harness plugs? I am struggling to get the plugs to fully mate, and I don't want to break a wire.

IMG_0261.JPG

Yes, the foot pump wires plug into the switch, and also the existing wiper switch wires outside of th switch. I do have the diagrams from Y-n-Z . The plugs were hard to connect from the factory. I usually use needle nose pliers, and squeeze the plug halves without hitting the wires.

Edited by brad

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, under the hood, wiring up the voltage regulator and the starter solenoid.

There are two white wires, one to the VR and one to the SS. One wire is slightly larger. I ASSUME the larger wire goes to ground the VR, correct?

thanks, Mike

IMG_0268.JPG

Thanks Tom.

I was just curious where each white (ground) wire went. I figure the heavier gauge wire is meant to carry a heavier load, i just don't know if that is for the voltage regulator or the starter solenoid.

They both emerge from the harness at the same location and are just about the same length. Confusing!

On the wiper switch, the yellow and res wires from the foot pump connect to the yellow and red main harness plug, then the plug from the foot pump connects to the switch. there should e a blue and black to a connector from the main harness, and that plugs to the switch closest t the column (from underneath. The very top wire is purple, and just above the connector, a single blue wire plugs in to the switch.   Next to the black wire on the connector, a single black wire plugs in.to the switch.

Edited by brad