rear spring opinions metal or composite

dogkiller

I have composite leaf springs on my '70...they're great.  Each leaf spring weighs about eight pounds versus about fifty pounds per steel leaf spring.  Taking weight out of the car is a good thing...the only negative is they take weight out of the rear and it has to increase the forward weight bias somewhat.  

I purchased mine from Flex-a-form nearly ten years ago.  They were (at the time) about $30 more per pair than steel replacements though the difference in shipping probably made it a wash, cost-wise.  

When I purchased them Flex-a-form only had the one spring rate model for an Avanti.  I understand now they'll make them in a spring rate for various needs.  It took less than two weeks to receive them.

RQB3263 81 AVANTI,,,,I had Myers  Studebaker in Duncan Fall Ohio install new oem rear steel  springs  when I visited then a year or more ago....they were in stock, instant installation, painless ......bill RQB3263

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a set of composite springs, any recommendations for shocks?

I've heard standard shocks won't work and that they work fine, what experience have y'all had?

thanks, d.