Avanti Cord!

mfg

A nylon cord is a 'must have' when installing Avanti front or rear glass. (windshield or backlight)........What other mechanical task, pertaining to '63-'85 Avantis, is a nylon cord needed for?

Temporarily tying up the exhaust pipes when installing them...............although I use tie wraps for that now.

Pulling the wires down the steering column when installing a new turn signal switch.

20 hours ago, r1lark said:

Temporarily tying up the exhaust pipes when installing them...............although I use tie wraps for that now.

Pulling the wires down the steering column when installing a new turn signal switch.

Hey Paul those are two good uses!....however, what we're after here is more 'shop manual' oriented!

1 minute ago, 1963r2 said:

As a tow rope for other vehicles.

OF COURSE!!!!...........................But no, that's not it!

.............................................HINT..............think front suspension!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, lschuc said:

setting the tow-in on the front wheels

Lew 'NAILED' this one!!..................I wonder how many Avanti fans knew that old school trick?

5 hours ago, mfg said:

Lew 'NAILED' this one!!..................I wonder how many Avanti fans knew that old school trick?

Now that you mentioned it, I remember using that technique on Studebakers in the 1960s - early 1970s.