Comfy Avanti!

mfg

False. According to my 1977 Avanti II price list effective April 15, 1977 -- heater and defroster was part of the standard equipment.

(I did notice that the boat trailer hitch, mentioned in a Trivia question a few days ago, was chrome plated and priced at $50. :))

5 hours ago, r1lark said:

False. According to my 1977 Avanti II price list effective April 15, 1977 -- heater and defroster was part of the standard equipment.

(I did notice that the boat trailer hitch, mentioned in a Trivia question a few days ago, was chrome plated and priced at $50. :))

By 4/15/77 company policy had changed, but on earlier '67 Avanti ll's the heater/defroster was a $100 option!

So, the answer to this question would be TRUE!

18 hours ago, lschuc said:

Wonder if any 1967 Avantis were built without a heater and defroster? 

Good question. I find it hard to believe it was ever considered an option!..... A heater/defroster was standard equipment on Studebaker Avantis, I believe.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, lschuc said:

Wonder if any 1967 Avantis were built without a heater and defroster? 

I see it as a possibility. 

I have bought cars from the south that never had a heater. 

I was friends with the owner of a large Chrysler-Plymouth dealer in Poughkeepsie NY.  He had a customer that bought a new car every year and would not have a heater in it.  The dealer even offered to include a heater at no charge because he knew that he would be getting the car back in a year.  The dealer ended up ordering a heater kit when he ordered the car and installing it the following year when the guy traded the car in.  I know that this was still going on in the mid-1960s.  This is where 20 below zero F is not unusual.