Unique Avanti!

mfg

Unique is an absolute term, not one of degree.  With that said, I will answer with R 5643 as the last Studebaker built Avanti and an R3 at that (I know that 5642 is also an R3.). 

21 hours ago, studegary said:

Unique is an absolute term, not one of degree.  With that said, I will answer with R 5643 as the last Studebaker built Avanti and an R3 at that (I know that 5642 is also an R3.). 

Gary thinks R5643 is 'more unique' than R5642!....Does anyone else have a different opinion?

Edited by mfg

The answer here would be R5642 is the more unique of the two....Actually it's 'more unique' than all of its R3 production siblings!.....Why?

All of the production R3 Studebaker Avantis (with the exception of R5642) were built to 'standard production' late 1964 Avanti specs  with, of course, the factory R3 modifications added.

Avanti R5642 however, was the only one of the nine with a 'special order' interior! ('63 Avanti 'Red Vinyl', supposedly unavailable on a late '64 Avanti, was requested by the customer)....and Studebaker fulfilled that customers wish with a complete interior done in 1963 'Avanti Red' interior vinyl!!

Edited by mfg