Aging Avanti!

mfg

The rubber hose that feeds the oil to the oil pressure gauge?

Or, the oil filter if someone still has the factory original installed (I hope not........!):)

Or the bypass and check valves in the aluminum oil filter adapter?

Edited by r1lark

2 minutes ago, r1lark said:

The rubber hose that feeds the oil to the oil pressure gauge?

Or, the oil filter if someone still has the factory original installed (I hope not........!):)

Or the bypass and check valves in the aluminum oil filter adapter?

I'd say you got it right with your answer #1, that pesky (and SCARY) rubber flex hose!

You do know that that line is not part of the "...engine oiling system..."  It could be removed and the port blocked and the oiling system will work just fine.  It only feeds the gauge that monitors oil pressure, it does not contribute to the oiling of the engine.  Of course, if it breaks you lose oiling of the engine due to the loss of oil.  In fewer words, your query is flawed.   

Just buy a new one from Jim Turner. Available in braided stainless steel, with a stealthy black rubber coating. No one will ever know except it will never fail again

Edited by brad

20 hours ago, studegary said:

You do know that that line is not part of the "...engine oiling system..."  It could be removed and the port blocked and the oiling system will work just fine.  It only feeds the gauge that monitors oil pressure, it does not contribute to the oiling of the engine.  Of course, if it breaks you lose oiling of the engine due to the loss of oil.  In fewer words, your query is flawed.   

Gary, if that flex line ever failed without the driver realizing it had failed,...he'd realize very quickly the oil flex line is VERY MUCH INDEED a part of the 'engine oiling system,!!

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Gary, if that flex line ever failed without the driver realizing it had failed,...he'd realize very quickly the oil flex line is VERY MUCH INDEED a part of the 'engine oiling system,!!

Of course I realize that.  I have seen them fail.  You have missed my point, but I will not beat it any more. 

21 hours ago, studegary said:

Of course I realize that.  I have seen them fail.  You have missed my point, but I will not beat it any more. 

Thanks for not continuing to 'beat it' Gary!