The Most Valuable Avanti?

mfg

Of the following list, which would YOU consider to be (financially) the most valuable of these historic Studebaker Avantis?.....(There are other possible candidates, but for now let's just consider the following twenty cars!....................................................................................

The 'Bill Burke' Bonneville Avanti #90

The Hot Rod Magazine R3 Avanti 63R-1025

The 'Due Cento' Avanti

Joe Granatelli's 429 Cad powered Avanti

Bonneville Avanti #8

The 'Ian Fleming' Avanti

Avanti 63R1001 (first production)

The 'Egbert Avanti' R4130

Any one of the nine 'production' R3 Avantis

Bonneville Avanti #9

The 'Roger Ward' Indy 500 Avanti

The 'Sears-Allstate Tire' Avanti

And, to be fair, let's assume all the above Avantis are in EXACTLY the same (#1) condition!.....................................OPINIONS??????

I guess I'll toss my two cents in!......In my eyes, it would be a tough choice between the 'Egbert Avanti,' (for so many reasons), and the Bonneville Avanti #9..........

However, considering the fact that the R3 engines would only be a small footnote in Studebaker history if it wasn't for all the records #9 set at the Bonneville Salt Flats,.... and then considering the current value of the R3 equipped Avantis which were based on #9, I'd have to say that Bonneville Avanti #9 is today the MOST FINANCIALLY VALUABLE (and historic) of all the Studebaker Avantis! (IMHO)

Why do you refer to an Avanti as "'The Sears-Allstate Tire' Avanti"? There was a whole run of 1964 Avantis that were originally shod with Sear Allstate tires. I owned one of them. Perhaps you mean the one that the ladies ran cross country. I have seen that one many times over the years. I believe that it had 6K miles the last that I saw it.

2 hours ago, studegary said:

Why do you refer to an Avanti as "'The Sears-Allstate Tire' Avanti"? There was a whole run of 1964 Avantis that were originally shod with Sear Allstate tires. I owned one of them. Perhaps you mean the one that the ladies ran cross country. I have seen that one many times over the years. I believe that it had 6K miles the last that I saw it.

We're referring to the Sears-Allstate Tire Cross Country Avanti.