Fuel Filter size - diameter

volcanicsun

Hi, finally working on my car again like 17 years later... :)

'69 RQA0291

Going through the fuel system and went to replace the fuel filter but the replacements available at the general auto parts stores are much smaller in diameter.

The one I pulled out of the car is about 2" wide - side to side. The replacement is about 1 3/4 so I can't place it in the mount attached to the engine.

Studebaker/Avanti parts websites I can only really look at the picture as there is no dimensions and they at least look about the same size as the smaller replacement I purchased.

If anyone has any info for me or dimensions of a filter from and Avanti parts website it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Can't tell you exactly what filter to buy, but if (as I suspect) it plugs to rubber fuel hoses at both ends, then a similar filter for Chevrolet cars of the era with V8's should work, such as this GM #854583 filter (which is 1 7/8" in diameter)...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AC-Delco-GM-854583-Fuel-Filter-No-box-Or-Hoses-just-Filter-FREE-SHIP-/272253118701?hash=item3f638ce8ed:g:u~UAAOSwgyxWWKPa&vxp=mtr

fuel filter 500x291.jpeg

Edited by WayneC
replace photo with lower res version

• 2 weeks later...