Jammed Window Mosaic

cmholm

After a year of weekly to almost daily rolling the passenger side window up and down, something came loose, and it came down at an angle. I pulled it back up to seal up the car, sent it in for a spring detailing, and ordered a door handle tool. My hunch was that the glass has slipped out of the channel, but I wanted to know rather than guess.

So, I've been sliding my phone against the inside of the outer door panel and snapping shots. Since the panel is curved, there's a bit of a parallax problem with the mosaic thus far, but I'm hoping with one more pass, I'll have enough to see what's up.

The attached mosaic is the result of the three rows of snaps thus far.

door_all_rows_sm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Acting on guidance from Silverstude, I stuck my hand in through the bottom of the door access port, held the back of the window level with the front, and cranked it all the way down. Magically, the crank assembly showed at the bottom of the door, just like in the shop manual and parts catalog. 

I tried pushing the right idler arm back into the channel guide roller, but it pops right back out, so a on-line ordering I go. 

IMG_9903.JPG

IMG_9902.JPG

The arms get bent and that puts side pressure on the pins, that the clips can't hold. Also, the rear track has an inwards, and outwards adjustment at the bottom of the track inside the door.