Barn Find Avanti!

mfg

So I met my good friend Paul when we were both around 20 years old. All my adult life I've had a Studebaker or an Avanti tucked away somewhere, and frankly, most folks now know me by those cars.

Paul was always interested in my Studes, (over the years actually found me a couple of them!), however, he never bought one for himself.

Well, Paul now has a son, Mike, who is 35 years old and lives in Norfolk, Virginia.

To my amazement, Mike calls me last week to say he's going over to the next town to check out a 'collector car' he may buy......a 1963 Studebaker Avanti!!!!

As it turned out, Mike indeed did buy this Avanti!!....An Avanti Gold, supercharged model with powershift trans...and 39K original miles! its been off the road for 27 years, and fortunately stored under cover.

Mike purchased the Avanti from its second owner, who brought the car back to the U.S. from England in 1990.  (When new, it was sold to someone who lived in England)

I'm still rather amazed by this purchase, and really hope my friend Paul is still speaking to me!!!!!

Edited by mfg

On 5/27/2017 at 6:36 AM, silverstude said:

Can you get the serial number?

thx

Yes, I'll post the serial & body numbers as soon as I get them.