Use STP?

mfg

I assume that you mean STP Oil Treatment (there are many STP products). 

I will say true since STP Oil Treatment is mostly a viscosity improver.  

there is one stp product that is loaded with flat tappet cam additives however the name escapes me here at home and the cans are at my shop. have been using it for years in my flathead ford engines. i bought several cases years ago; might not be available now.  

STP oil treatment does have zinc additives in the formulation, the only one I see that doesn't is smoke treatment. I'd guess the the oil treatment is the closest to the original based on level of viscosity improvers so based on this data. False

Edited by Avanti83

10 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

STP oil treatment does have zinc additives in the formulation, the only one I see that doesn't is smoke treatment. I'd guess the the oil treatment is the closest to the original based on level of viscosity improvers so based on this data. False

FALSE is the correct answer!....Although the STP folks will not give out 'amounts' information, they assure us that both zinc and phosphorous are included in their oil treatment!

2 hours ago, mfg said:

FALSE is the correct answer!....Although the STP folks will not give out 'amounts' information, they assure us that both zinc and phosphorous are included in their oil treatment!

I agree that STP Oil Treatment includes zinc and phosphorus, but I do not see how you can claim that it contains enough to justify your statement of "....provide...protection needed for engines..."

20 hours ago, studegary said:

I agree that STP Oil Treatment includes zinc and phosphorus, but I do not see how you can claim that it contains enough to justify your statement of "....provide...protection needed for engines..."

Just add a pint of STP to your engine oil!.....Andy G. wouldn't lie!!