Avanti Convertibles!

mfg

I will go with none of the above.  The production numbers that I have from long ago indicates 15 (answer 3), but John Hull's recent book states 17, so I will defer to him.

EDIT:  I believe that the "extra" two were convertibles that were on consignment to dealer(s) and were later discovered and sold.   

Edited by studegary

15 (#3) is the correct answer.....(However, if Santa wants to drop off one of Gary's "extras" next Christmas eve, I'll gladly accept it!!!!

17 hours ago, mfg said:

15 (#3) is the correct answer.....(However, if Santa wants to drop off one of Gary's "extras" next Christmas eve, I'll gladly accept it!!!!

What do you base your statement of 15 on?  Perhaps you use the old data that I used to use.  John Hull's Avanti book states 17 and I agree and believe that 17 based on information that I have learned since the 15 number was put out there in the 1990s.  

Edited by studegary
attempt to clarify

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, studegary said:

What do you base your statement of 15 on?  Perhaps you use the old data that I used to use.  John Hull's Avanti book states 17 and I agree and believe that 17 based on information that I have learned since the 15 number was put out there in the 1990s.  

It looks like Ed/"mfg" has no answer to my query.  

1 hour ago, studegary said:

Gary, please post the serial/sequence numbers of your two "extra" 1991 Avanti convertibles....Thanks!

6 hours ago, mfg said:

Gary, please post the serial/sequence numbers of your two "extra" 1991 Avanti convertibles....Thanks!

1991 Avanti Serial Numbers are all in order; RBK 1201 - RBK 1217. 

22 hours ago, studegary said:

Interestingly, there are two 1991 Avanti convertibles with the same serial number listed in the 2016 AOAI roster, one in Florida and the other in New Jersey!

With all due respect to studegary's opinion, I will still consider 15 to be the correct number of 1991 Avanti convertibles built, at least until more definite information is uncovered.

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Interestingly, there are two 1991 Avanti convertibles with the same serial number listed in the 2016 AOAI roster, one in Florida and the other in New Jersey!

With all due respect to studegary's opinion, I will still consider 15 to be the correct number of 1991 Avanti convertibles built, at least until more definite information is uncovered.

There are other cases of repeat numbers in rosters.  It is usually due to someone selling a vehicle and not deleting their ownership and the new owner also listing their ownership.  It is really the same vehicle.  Sometimes, it is just an error in reporting a number.  

I consider John Hull's recent book, "Avanti The Complete Story", and other information that I have read to be "more definite information" than what you post as "fact" with no supporting evidence.  I have read enough convincing information to change my mind and old records from 15 to 17.  

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, mfg said:

That's very good Gary...we agree to DIS-agree!...Now, let's move on!

This just appears to be a simple attempt by you to get the last word in.  

I gave some supporting information to my number.  I am still waiting for what you base your number on. 

Even John Hull revised his 1991 production number from 15 in 1993 to 17 by 2008.