Famous Avanti!

mfg

The last Avanti painted at the old South Bend factory was a 1988 convertible......That Avanti was ordered by a famous actor.....Who was that actor?

5 hours ago, mfg said:

The last Avanti painted at the old South Bend factory was a 1988 convertible......That Avanti was ordered by a famous actor.....Who was that actor?

I wonder when this car was painted and if it started production as a 1987 model and became a 1988 model.  My 1987 Avanti was built in South Bend.  Avanti production moved to Youngstown during 1987 (August).  I thought that some 1987s were made in each location and that all 1988 - 1991s were made in Youngstown.  What is the Serial Number of the Avanti in question?   

I do not know who the actor was.  

Edited by studegary
missing k

20 hours ago, studegary said:

I wonder when this car was painted and if it started production as a 1987 model and became a 1988 model.  My 1987 Avanti was built in South Bend.  Avanti production moved to Youngstown during 1987 (August).  I thought that some 1987s were made in each location and that all 1988 - 1991s were made in Youngstown.  What is the Serial Number of the Avanti in question?   

I do not know who the actor was.  

Gary, you'd need to ask permission of the  current owner before I'd post this Avanti's VIN....however, that IS NOT the question here!

Once again, can anyone out there identify the celebrity first owner of this rather special 1988 Avanti convertible, the last Avanti painted at South Bend?

HINT!!.....this Avanti's SECOND owner was rather famous also!!

I think it was actor Michael Landon, who played Little Joe on Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie.... Highway to Heaven.. and others.

18 hours ago, lschuc said:

I think it was actor Michael Landon, who played Little Joe on Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie.... Highway to Heaven.. and others.

Michael Landon it was!!........Anyone want to guess who the second owner of this Avanti, (also quite famous), was?