1989 Factory Remote Door Lock & Alarm System

GarageHawk

My 1989 was equipped with what appears to be a factory installed remote door lock and burglar alarm system which I just got working again.  My only problem is I only have one remote key fob for the system.  Does anyone happen to know the name of the company that supplied these systems to Avanti?  It appears to be the type of system that would have been used in the aftermarket back in the day but I can't find any brand identification anywhere.  The key fob has a single button (push to lock & arm, push again to unlock and disarm).  I'd like to find a second remote key fob for my second set of keys.  Given the age,  the system is pretty unsophisticated but I'd like to keep the car as original as possible.  Does anyone know where I might be able to locate another key fob for my system?

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by GarageHawk

Electronic key fobs seem to have a maker's name either on the back or inside the back of the fob.  If it has that, it gives you something to go on.  You can always go Amazon.com and look at all the replacement key fobs that are available as generics as opposed to from the auto companies.  When I wanted an extra electronic key fob for my '02 Avanti, the local GM dealer wanted like $250 for one and to program it.  I found a replacement on Amazon that looked exactly like it for real cheap money and I programed it myself as it had instructions with it.  It may have been made by the oe supplier for GM for all I know...it's identical other than not having a GM marking on it.

I find no identification of any kind on the inside or outside of the fob and I haven't been able to even find a picture of anything similar. I have attached a photo of mine to see if it is recognized by anyone on the forum.  I don't think key fob remotes were as common back in 1989 as they are today.  Mine looks pretty crude compared with current models, almost homemade but I know it's not.  The circuit board inside is definitely 1980's factory production.

Please let me know if anyone has seen this key fob or knows who made it.

Thanks,

Bill

IMG_0520.thumb.JPG.8ee8b194350e25b84c8891404d8f01fa.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG