Finally got to a car show!

mfg

Like most all of us, I've been pretty busy this summer.....only have been to a couple of auto shows... including the one I attended yesterday with my wife  at Height's Crossing in Brockton (Shoe City!) Massachusetts.

Unlike many shows that now charge a fee from the folks who display their cars, the 'Height's' annual show boasts free admission, and provides the collector car owner with:  a free t-shirt, free  hamburgs, hot dogs, ice cream, New England clam chowder, and also free refreshments.....SUCH A DEAL!!!!!

We took my '83 Avanti 'Everyday Driver' to the show.....For the last 20 years this Avanti was painted white....I felt it was definitely time for an update, so I painted it a Chrysler Corp red color called 'Tapestry Red'...... Also, I gave it much needed exhaust and front suspension work,...and also new bucket seats up front.

Got to park next to my friend Greg's gorgeous '56 Ford Thunderbird........ My Avanti now has approx 350K on its odometer, and is still going strong!

heights crossing car show 001.JPG

heights crossing car show 002.JPG

heights crossing car show 008.JPG

Edited by mfg

On 9/24/2017 at 8:34 PM, lschuc said:

Very nice looking Avanti!!    Get some good pictures and submit it to me for the next Avanti calendar.

Hey that sounds great!....I'll find a decent background and take some pics this coming weekend.....Thanks, Ed

6 hours ago, mfg said:

Hey that sounds great!....I'll find a decent background and take some pics this coming weekend.....Thanks, Ed

No rush to get the photos...   I won't really need them until spring.

17 hours ago, lschuc said:

No rush to get the photos...   I won't really need them until spring.

Sounds good!.......Perhaps I can take a few nice "Avanti in the Snow" photos this coming Dec or Jan!....I'll send them along.

3 hours ago, mfg said:

Sounds good!.......Perhaps I can take a few nice "Avanti in the Snow" photos this coming Dec or Jan!....I'll send them along.

At least it won't get "lost" in the snow now.

• 2 weeks later...