Another new owner!

Footer

Well, my story is like many others I guess. My folks bought an extra car from my sister's piano teacher when I got my driver's license in 1968. Turned out to be a 1956 Sky Hawk with a 289 and automatic. I didn't know anything about Studebakers but grew fond of the car as drove it among the Mustangs, Camaros and Mopars of the day. There wasn't anything that looked like it. Later I bought a 1964 Daytona with an R 1 and 4 speed (yes, I wish I still had that!). The first Avanti I saw was a 67 in 1973 and you guys know the feeling, I was bitten. 

Over the years I have watched and read and kind of kept up on the Avanti story and last July I finally took the plunge and bought 1983 RQB 3771 from Dan Booth. Dan was not able to find the build sheet for the car so that bit of history may not be available. When I went on Bob's Avanti resource website I was amazed to find out some history of this car. It originally was white with a red dash and carpet, had a moonroof, a trunk rack, wire wheels, and someone had fitted it with a supercharger. All gone now. You can see the earlier pics and the current one I took on Bob's website, along with 4 previous owners. 

I'd love to know the history of this car, if anyone knows any of the owners or the story of this car I'd love to know. Thanks and I enjoy perusing the forum, I've learned lots. Mike

Welcome, a couple of thoughts. Bob's site lists the previous owner back to 2003 so you might start with Googleing them. Secondly there is a vin listed and it should also be on your dash. Try Carfax to see if any other owners, original dealership, etc are on there. Bob