Avanti Yoke!

mfg

Although the front universal joint 'slip yoke' was unique to 4 speed equipped Studebaker Avantis, the 'slip yoke' made for the Powershift and the standard 3 speed transmission equipped models was the same part.......True?

True, at least based on the Avanti parts manual I have.

Interesting little thing I noticed, unless the Avanti parts manual I have did not get updated to reflect it, the Avanti did not have the 'Spicer versus Mechanics' type u-joint mess that the Hawks and Larks did in '63/'64. Since I never have had an Avanti, I only know what the parts manual says. Can the Avanti experts confirm this?

12 hours ago, r1lark said:

True, at least based on the Avanti parts manual I have.

Interesting little thing I noticed, unless the Avanti parts manual I have did not get updated to reflect it, the Avanti did not have the 'Spicer versus Mechanics' type u-joint mess that the Hawks and Larks did in '63/'64. Since I never have had an Avanti, I only know what the parts manual says. Can the Avanti experts confirm this?

True is CORRECT!......I've worked on a few Avanti's (originals & ll's) over the years and have never come across one with the 'Mechanics' style u-joints....Which is GOOD!