Avanti R4578!

mfg

1 hour ago, studegary said:

A large "V" was applied to the forward section.

Again, I thought that I made this post, but it didn't show up.  When I went to post now, the above showed up.  

The large 'V' was applied to the' nose' of his Avanti ll.  In this question I'm asking about hood modifications Gary.

1 hour ago, mfg said:

The large 'V' was applied to the' nose' of his Avanti ll.  In this question I'm asking about hood modifications Gary.

He put the Studebaker style trim piece on the forward end of the raised section in front of the driver.

51 minutes ago, studegary said:

He put the Studebaker style trim piece on the forward end of the raised section in front of the driver.

The Studebaker Avanti trim piece was indeed added by Loewy, so you are correct on this question, however, I was speaking of a rather major hood modification done at Loewy's request on R4578.

Anyone else have an idea about this?

Did he drill a couple of big hles in the off-center raised area? Seems like I remember seeing a picture years ago (a poor quality picture, however) that looked like a couple of holes.

Edited by r1lark
fix spellin'

1 hour ago, r1lark said:

Did he drill a couple of big hles in the off-center raised area? Seems like I remember seeing a picture years ago (a poor quality picture, however) that looked like a couple of holes.

You 'nailed it' Paul!....A row of three vent holes, (they sort of look like small oval rear seat speaker grills,) were cut into the raised area of the hood at the rear near the cowl panel!

WELL DONE! :)