Avanti Carpet!

mfg

I'd say it's probably false.  Avanti Motors did begin offering matching trunk carpet at some point.  I just don't know when...I suspect it wasn't until after Steve Blake took the company over...prior to that Avanti Motors was pretty much drifting since Nate passed in '76.

11 hours ago, Avanti83 said:

True

Standard equipment lists carpet (including trunk) 

Sorry, trunk carpeting was standard equipment in '83 Avantis....however not MATCHING carpeting! :(

12 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

I'd say it's probably false.  Avanti Motors did begin offering matching trunk carpet at some point.  I just don't know when...I suspect it wasn't until after Steve Blake took the company over...prior to that Avanti Motors was pretty much drifting since Nate passed in '76.

You are CORRECT here....Matching trunk carpeting was an option on '83 Avanti automobiles!.....Answer...FALSE! :)

Apparently varies on a case by case level. My data (83 Avanti) in my polebarn has/had matching shag carpeting in both the interior and trunk as described in the standard equipment on the window sticker. No where does it say the matching trunk carpet was optional.

Based on my data, answer is true.

Scan0001.jpg

Edited by Avanti83

27 minutes ago, Avanti83 said:

Apparently varies on a case by case level. My data (83 Avanti) in my polebarn has/had matching shag carpeting in both the interior and trunk as described in the standard equipment on the window sticker. No where does it say the matching trunk carpet was optional.

Based on my data, answer is true.

Scan0001.jpg

Sorry, but the way I read your Avanti's window sticker it says..."Luxury shag and plush home carpets---including trunk'...but it does not say MATCHING carpeting in trunk.

On the production order for my own '83 Avanti 'everyday driver', (RQB 3655), matching trunk carpeting is clearly listed as an option.....Answer to this question is still..FALSE!

Edited by mfg

It's still true as the carpet in my trunk matches the interior and it's not listed as an option on the window sticker. The question does not say in every case it just asks if it was standard and in my case it was. True

3 minutes ago, Avanti83 said:

It's still true as the carpet in my trunk matches the interior and it's not listed as an option on the window sticker. The question does not say in every case it just asks if it was standard and in my case it was. True

I'm quite sure that if you obtain a copy of your Avanti's production order, which specifies exactly how the car was ordered, you'll find the box marked "matching trunk carpeting" to be checked off.... which makes it optional.....Until you do that, the answer to this question is still false..(sorry!) :(