Weather stripping

Cbitz23

I'm not up on current prices of weather seals but they're probably going to run pretty much the same from any of the vendors.  The seals that go around the rear quarter windows have been unavailable for some time.  If, somehow you luck out a locate a set, I'm sure they won't come cheap.  To the best of my knowledge no one is reproducing them.

2 hours ago, Cbitz23 said:

What's best way to go about fixing all the weather strips around the car. Found a set online for my 83 but it's $950 and I'm not wanting to pay that for weather stripping. 

That's about right  and possibly on the low side if you need the windshield and rear window gaskets included. As Gunslinger said, the quarter window seals are nla. If you want to try for a less expensive route you could Google automobile weather strip and look at the websites that offer same. Look at the cross sections and dimensions of yours compared to what they have available. You can come close in many cases.

The bad news is the cost will still be in the many hundreds of dollars to replace what you have. There are a lot of pieces of weather stripping on these and most other cars. 

Realistically, the doors are the most important area and you can do them for between $300-400 complete.

I like Nostalgic Motors in Wixom, Mi as Dan has most of the original molds and parts from the originals. Others like Myers, Fennessey and Studebaker International.

Edited by Avanti83

In 2012, I got all the weather stripping and had it replaced in my 76.  Last fall I noticed the rear stripping on both wing vents has separated almost the full length of the wing window.  I'll have to address that once I get the car out of storage in a couple of weeks.