RQA-0277 For Sale Long AOAI History Manual 4 Speed

Luma

For sale.  A very nice, fully equipped RQA 277 Avanti II. Featuring PS, Tilt Wheel (original Studebaker Style) PW, Air Conditioning, Twin Traction AM FM Cassette and all tinted glass with front and rear sun bands. Beautiful Champagne Gold Pearl exterior with "Antique Saddle"all leather interior. Car is showing 69K miles and appears to be accurate. I have owned the car for 10 and 1/2 years and collected a lot of history on the car. Original motor but has been changed to a 4 speed manual with all original Avanti II parts. Much more fun to drive! Please PM if you have any questions about the car. Reason for selling is I have 5 Avanti's and have to let one go. Car has been to many shows in the Albany NY area and has been roadworthy (fair weather only) as long as I have owned it.$15,000. OBO

277.JPG

It appears to be a very nice Avanti.  It surprises me that RQA 0277 is a 1968 model and not a 1969 model.

EDIT: I do not see side marker lights that would be required for either the 1968 or 1969 model years.  Have they been removed? 

Studegary,

Here's a picture of the car taken at Niantic CT. in 1976. This is the original color of the car too. If you notice there are no side markers visible. I think I met you right around this time years back!  Ringing any bells with you?

Also a couple shots from the Saratoga Museum Car show.

68rqa277d.jpg

DCP_0395.JPG

No, I do not remember you or the Avanti from "only" 42 years ago.  Then again, I do not even know what your name is.  

EDIT:  This was taken off the Forum to get some resolution.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to announce that good old 277 has found a new "Enthusiast" and will shortly be on its way to Jolly Old England. Often referred to by me as "The Goldfinger" car, perhaps it will challenge some DB5 over there. Good Luck Mate!

Archived