Keyless Avanti!

mfg

1 hour ago, mfg said:

Although 2000 Avantis came 'loaded' with standard equipment features, keyless entry was not one of them.......True?

It can't be true if you are referring to a model year.  There were no Avantis from 1992 to 2000, inclusive.  

3 minutes ago, studegary said:

It can't be true if you are referring to a model year.  There were no Avantis from 1992 to 2000, inclusive.  

Gary feels that no Avanti autos built in 2000 had keyless entry as standard equipment ....is he correct? :huh:

4 minutes ago, mfg said:

Gary feels that no Avanti autos built in 2000 had keyless entry as standard equipment ....is he correct? :huh:

I did not say "built in 2000".  I said "model year" 2000.  The first of the late series of Avantis on GM chassis was the 2001 model year.  

6 minutes ago, studegary said:

I did not say "built in 2000".  I said "model year" 2000.  The first of the late series of Avantis on GM chassis was the 2001 model year.  

You say 'tomatoes' I say 'tomatas' :D

9 hours ago, mfg said:

Answer...FALSE!....Keyless entry was indeed standard on these Avantis!

How is this possible when there were no model year 2000 Avantis? 

3 hours ago, studegary said:

How is this possible when there were no model year 2000 Avantis? 

studegary thinks that no Avanti automobiles were produced in the year 2000....Is studegary correct?? :huh:

23 hours ago, mfg said:

studegary thinks that no Avanti automobiles were produced in the year 2000....Is studegary correct?? :huh:

Again, I did NOT state that no Avantis were built in calendar year 2000.  I said that there were NO 2000 model year Avantis.  Two prototypes were built in October 2000 and introduced to the public as 2001 models.  

1 hour ago, studegary said:

Again, I did NOT state that no Avantis were built in calendar year 2000.  I said that there were NO 2000 model year Avantis.  Two prototypes were built in October 2000 and introduced to the public as 2001 models.  

studegary, refer to AVANTI MAGAZINE issue # 109.:)

Edited by mfg

11 hours ago, mfg said:

studegary, refer to AVANTI MAGAZINE issue # 109.:)

I doubt that I have that issue and if I do, it will take more time to find it than it is worth.  What is the "fact" that you are trying to make? 

Edited by studegary
missing i

I decided to look up a reference to support my position (Avantis built in 2000 calendar year were 2001 model year Avantis).  

John Hull's book, "Avanti the Complete Story", pages 106 - 107 (especially 107) and 110 - 112, plus 126.  

4 hours ago, studegary said:

I decided to look up a reference to support my position (Avantis built in 2000 calendar year were 2001 model year Avantis).  

John Hull's book, "Avanti the Complete Story", pages 106 - 107 (especially 107) and 110 - 112, plus 126.  

So you're finally agreeing with me  that Avanti automobiles were built in the year 2000.....Nice going Gary!,  it takes a big man to admit when he's made an error! :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, mfg said:

So you're finally agreeing with me  that Avanti automobiles were built in the year 2000.....Nice going Gary!,  it takes a big man to admit when he's made an error! :rolleyes:

You better re-read my posts.  I never said that Avantis were not built in calendar year 2000.  I said that there were no 2000 model year Avantis.  The Avantis built at the end of calendar year 2000 were 2001 model Avantis.   

1 hour ago, studegary said:

You better re-read my posts.  I never said that Avantis were not built in calendar year 2000.  I said that there were no 2000 model year Avantis.  The Avantis built at the end of calendar year 2000 were 2001 model Avantis.   

Methinks that you're "swinging after the bell" again Gary! ;)