Collector Clubs!

mfg

The most successful and largest car club devoted to one model of a sixties automobile would be the.................?

1) Corvette Club..........2) Thunderbird Club........3) Dodge Daytona Club........or.......4) The Avanti Owners Association

Edited by mfg

2 hours ago, mfg said:

The most successful and largest car club devoted to one model of a sixties automobile would be the.................?

1) Corvette Club..........2) Thunderbird Club........3) Dodge Daytona Club........or.......4) The Avanti Owners Association

I suppose that your definition of "one model" comes into play here.  However, I will say 1) Corvette since they were made throughout the 1960s and are a very active group of enthusiasts.  Then again, "Corvette Club" is probably not the correct name, but then again it is AOAI, not AOA.      

3 hours ago, studegary said:

I suppose that your definition of "one model" comes into play here.  However, I will say 1) Corvette since they were made throughout the 1960s and are a very active group of enthusiasts.  Then again, "Corvette Club" is probably not the correct name, but then again it is AOAI, not AOA.      

studegary is INCORRECT! :(

21 hours ago, Peddler said:

The Thunderbird club has been split it two for a while VTCI and ITC so I will go with the Avanti owners club.

You nailed it!...The Avanti owners club it is!

As I said earlier, as usual, your definitions are what makes the difference in what you deem to be a correct answer.  The Classic Thunderbird Club has 5600 members and the National Corvette Owner's Association has approx. 18,000 members.  Of course there are other Corvette and Thunderbird Clubs.  These are just two examples.  The last that I knew, AOAI had about 2K members.  

1 hour ago, studegary said:

As I said earlier, as usual, your definitions are what makes the difference in what you deem to be a correct answer.  The Classic Thunderbird Club has 5600 members and the National Corvette Owner's Association has approx. 18,000 members.  Of course there are other Corvette and Thunderbird Clubs.  These are just two examples.  The last that I knew, AOAI had about 2K members.  

studegary is INCORRECT!:(

Gary, re-read the original question, (ONE sixties model)......My gosh, between 1960 and 1969 there were THREE different Corvette models! (C1--C2---C3)

Edited by mfg

11 hours ago, mfg said:

studegary is INCORRECT!:(

Gary, re-read the original question, (ONE sixties model)......My gosh, between 1960 and 1969 there were THREE different Corvette models! (C1--C2---C3)

AOAI is NOT devoted to ONE sixties model.  AOAI encompasses 1963 through 2007 Avanti models.  What percentage of the 2K membership owns 1963 - 1964 Studebaker Avantis?  The 1969 Dodge Daytona may be a similar number (at least based on percentage of production).    

6 hours ago, studegary said:

AOAI is NOT devoted to ONE sixties model.  AOAI encompasses 1963 through 2007 Avanti models.  What percentage of the 2K membership owns 1963 - 1964 Studebaker Avantis?  The 1969 Dodge Daytona may be a similar number (at least based on percentage of production).    

Gee Gary, I always thought the Avanti Owners Association was founded by two fellows who admired the Studebaker Avanti.....Would there have been a 2007 Avanti if there had not been a 1963 Avanti?

Please enlighten us! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, mfg said:

Gee Gary, I always thought the Avanti Owners Association was founded by two fellows who admired the Studebaker Avanti.....Would there have been a 2007 Avanti if there had not been a 1963 Avanti?

Please enlighten us! :rolleyes:

Of course there wouldn't have been a 2007Avanti if there wasn't a 1963 Avanti.  My response was counter to your claim that Corvette clubs didn't count as being based on one model because they had different bodies over the years.  My point was that Avanti also went through similar changes during the years.

11 hours ago, studegary said:

Of course there wouldn't have been a 2007Avanti if there wasn't a 1963 Avanti.  My response was counter to your claim that Corvette clubs didn't count as being based on one model because they had different bodies over the years.  My point was that Avanti also went through similar changes during the years.

The differences between, for example, a C1 and a C2 Chevrolet Corvette go far beyond "different bodies"!

Suggest that you brush up on your Corvette history studegary. :)

3 hours ago, mfg said:

The differences between, for example, a C1 and a C2 Chevrolet Corvette go far beyond "different bodies"!

Suggest that you brush up on your Corvette history studegary. :)

Yes, I know of the chassis changes in Corvettes.  I also know that Avantis were built on five different chassis between 1963 and 2007.