1969 wireing print

Norman Hansen

My 1969 has had many changes done to the wiring such as adding a ford style starter solenoid and Hella headlight system that uses a relay system to power them. They use a lot of amps and I replaced them with Sylvania halogens that use less power and are still bright. The original harness was hacked up to do these mods. There is also a box that is attached to the steering column with a hose clamp that looks like a dimmer switch from a GM type car with a rod that goes towards the steering wheel that isn't attached to anything and doesn't appear to do anything but when disconnected kills the tail lights. It also has led taillights.  No paperwork came with the car about these mods and the install looks kinda bad. I have a 63-4 print but there seems to be some differences between it and the 69. What I intend to do is restore the wires to some semblance of original and a 69 print would sure help. Was one ever made? is one available?

I've included a link to one of the best resources you will find. Bob Johnstone's Avanti and Studebaker site.

http://www.studebaker-info.org/

Scroll down the page and you will find a search box. Type Avanti wiring or Avanti wiring diagram into it and you will find a number of references including a number of wiring diagrams for 70's issue Avanti. It will be hard to find an exact one for your car but it should help identify what you have.

My 74 was a mess when I got it, and instead of mucking with the existing tangle, I replaced it with an aftermarket universal 21 fuse harness. I totally gutted the car so it wasn't to bad. A bit drastic for most but I now know where everything goes.

Questions about tack on items are usually helped with a picture or two.

BIAC, Avanti, Bob